Thursday, February 24, 2011

sunset over camp hope (haiti)

One week.
It went so fast.
I blinked and I was Haiti.
I blinked again and I am home.
Yesterday, I was in 95 degree weather and pretty sure my skin would just melt off of me into a puddle in the dirt only to dry up and disappear fifteen seconds later.
Today, I woke up to three inches of snow outside my window and giant fluffy snowflakes in Portland. The past week has all been very surreal.

Side note: remember in my last post when I said crazy things happen when I am in Haiti? Engagements happen when I'm in Haiti. My good friend Leisha got engaged to her man, Fred. So excited for them. They live in Africa but will be getting married and celebrating in Portland. I'm so excited to share in the celebrations with these two.

It was so wonderful and good for my soul to be at Camp Hope, to see those beautiful faces again and to meet many more. I loved the work I was there to do, to meet and capture the faces and world of those living in the camp and to give them back those memories and share them with you all.
I felt good about the work we were there to do. I have some conflicting thoughts about how some of the other work is being done down there but I'll save that ranting for somewhere less public.
All in all, it was a fantastic trip.
I am so glad I was able to go back and I can't wait to go back again.
I want all my friends to experience Haiti.
Maybe you could join me?
Mid-June
Think about it.

1 comment: